Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Attack of the killer CUPCAKES

I had a great Valentines day with my two boys. We usually don't exchange gifts for Valentines, we kind of consider it a fake holiday. But we will go out for a nice dinner. This year because of the little dude, rather than get a sitter we decided to just stay home and cook dinner together. I made Mexican, my husbands favorite. Mexican is really quite good without the cheese... there are so many other flavors that you just don't miss it. I also baked some cupcakes... not a good move. I was looking online for dairy free cupcake recipes and came across a blog from a mom of two kids with dairy allergies. Her blog was about trying to find cake that her kids could eat, anyway she says that Duncan Hines makes dairy free cake mixes and frostings. Now usually I will snub my nose at boxed cake mixes, I'm a total snob when it comes to baked goods. But I have been craving cake so I freaking made boxed cake... and it was good... enough. So good in fact that I eat 4 cupcakes on Valentines. You know how many points that was... 26. Seriously, 26 points. Ay ya ya. Needless to say I cut a chunk out of my weekly points. So we will see how weigh in goes tomorrow. The thing is that I did really well the rest of the week, hopefully I didn't blow it completely.

Tomorrow's goals:
Track
Stay within my points
Go to mommy & baby group
Weigh in

Thankfulness:
Theresa, She's been my best friend since high school
My family in New Mexico, I miss them so much
Laughing at the top of my lungs... going to do much of that on Friday night!!!
Baked goods, even bad ones sometimes aren't so bad
Losing weight little by little

good night!


2 comments:

  1. Ugly laughs and cackles will be heard echoing out of the Elm City all right. Should we call the cops and give them a heads up the Triangle will be on the loose and fueled with booze? Maybe we'll only call if Fava decides she needs to listen to Shakira while driving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic Valentine's Day! Cupcakes are made for lovin'!

    ReplyDelete